This is so so easy and looks quite impressive too. I was having a bit of a panic for my starter the other night so went with the safe bet of Smoked salmon, but everyone has had just smoked salmon over Christmas so I set myself the challenge of making it more appealing than just laying a bit of smoked salmon on a plate and say bon-appétit!
This serves 6 by the way.
3 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 ½ lemons
200 – 250g of smoked salmon
200g Soft Cheese (Philly to you and me)
2 heaps tbsp crème fraiche
1 heaped tsp parsley
2 pinches of Cayenne Pepper
Salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the salmon and put it in a bowl with the crème fraiche, soft cheese, parsley, ½ lemon and seasoning and mix together
- Finely blend the avocados with the juice of the remaining lemon and the cayenne pepper until it is a very smooth paste. The lemon in the mixture will keep it from going brown
- Put the pastry rings on 6 side plates and dollop the avocado mix onto the bottom
- Add the salmon on top of the avocado
- Chop up the iceberg lettuce and sprinkle it round the mould
- Just before serving remove the rings and sprinkle a teeny bit of Cayenne pepper
I was literally having a massive panic about what to serve and was going to serve crab but it was way too expensive.