Ok, so I thought this looked really nice when I photographed it on Tuesday evening. Bare in mind I had had 4 cocktails, one of which was, conservatively named a ‘Porn Star’ and was labelled ‘Only for Posh Girls’ (well how could I NOT try it). Anything to keep up with not-so-waity-anymore-Katie.
I got in from my quick few drinkies and decided that I really did not want the healthy (ish) cuppa-soup that I had been planning; and plumped for the non taxing carbonara.
2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into medium sized pieces)
Dried Pasta (enough for one – I have no idea how much I used!)
1 egg yolk
1/2 garlic clove
1 large tsp creme fraiche
1 heaped tbsp thinly grated parmesan
- In a small saucepan (I used my non-stick milk pan) gently fry off the bacon and garlic.
- Set aside and using a spatula, scrape any excess juice into a small ish bowl. To this bowl add the egg yolk, creme fraiche, parmesan and pepper and give it a quick mix with a fork
- Cook some pasta in salted water, use the same pan you cooked the bacon in.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, pop it back into the pan
- Pour in the creme fraiche, egg mix and on a low heat stir it up so all the pasta is covered in the sauce and it is heated thoroughly. This should take about 2 minutes, keep everything moving otherwise the yolk will scramble
- Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan, black pepper and a teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiny drizzle of oil
I confess the more I look at the picture the more horrible I think it looks, but I wasn’t really concentrating on my presentation skills, I had the post-cocktail munchies.
I do not, obviously recommend cooking after a few cocktail, but this was really quick and easy and my goodness me was it tasty!