Today’s recipe is not one of my own inventions, nor is it from some fancy cook book. It is, and ladies – prepare yourselves; from the man in my life! I’m being a bit mean, he can cook very well actually.
I have now had this 3 times and each time meant to write it up as it is the simplest recipe as well as being a great big hug in a bowl!
This serves 2
2 x leaks, chopped
3 or 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
A knob of butter (about the size of a stock cube)
1 heaped tsp Bouillon (1 veg/chicken stock cube if you don’t have bouillon)
1 1/2 pint of boiling water
Pasta for two.
- Gently fry off the leeks and bacon in a large saucepan with the butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- Put the bouillon into the boiling water, give it a stir round and pour into the saucepan.
- Add the pasta and gently simmer for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done
- Pour the whole lot into a couple of bowls
- Grate a little parmesan over the top with a little Grindy P!
- Congratulate yourself on only using one pan
- Congratulate the boyfriend/flatmate on their culinary talents