So I wouldn’t usually blog about a recipe this simple, but as this is just gorgeous!
1 x Mozzarella Ball (buy the best you can afford – the posh stuff is so so good – and often on offer)
2 Very Large Vine Tomatoes
1 x Avocado
A squeeze of Lemon juice
A Large drizzle of Olive Oil
A not-so-large Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
freshly torn basil leaves
- Slice the mozzarella as thinly as you can. The really posh stuff won’t slice very well but it’s worth trying it.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes
- Lay these slices out alternately on a round plate.
- Squeeze over a little Lemon Juice
- Drizzle over a little Olive Oil
- 5 – 10 minutes before serving slice up the avocado and slot it around the plate
- Rip up the basil leaves and artfully arrange them around the plate as well
- Drizzle the Balsamic vinegar over
- A last quick drizzle of Olive oil
- Lots of lovely Grindy Pepper
The works so well as a side dish for 4 people or with half the ingredients you could arrange them on individual plates and have it as a starter.
I’ve never put lemon juice in this before and I find it really brings out all the flavours and adds a nice little kick! As I’ve written above, try to buy the best mozzarella you can, the cheap mozzarella can be a bit rubbery, but the better you get the more flavour and texture it has, it’s just beautiful and is fantastic with this dish!