I’ll start with the ‘Mess’
Possibly one of the easiest recipes in the world… EVER
4 ramekin dishes
4 large tbsp Vanilla Ice Cream
A handful of blueberries
About a soup ladle’s worth of Greek yogurt
3 tbsp Icing Sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
- Dollop the Greek Yogurt and lemon juice into a small mixing bowl (I used a measuring jug because by that point I’d run out of anything else to use!)
- With a fork, stir in the icing sugar (don’t worry about the little lumps, that’s why it’s called a ‘Mess’).
- gently heat the blueberries in a saucepan with some sugar and little water. crush a few of them to release some of their juices.
- Once the sugar has dissolved in with the blueberries pour the mixture in with the Greek Yogurt
- Put a tablespoon of ice-cream on the base of each ramekin dish and pour over the blueberry/Greek Yogurt mixture.
I’ll do the other two recipes in another post….
I can HIGHLY recommend a ‘Ready Steady Cook’ night, it was just four girls, we’ve all known each other since school and have recently got back in touch so there is PLENTY to talk about.
It did feel a bit weird all day knowing people we coming over, but short of cleaning the flat (which i failed to do) there was simply no preparation for me – no recipe planning – no shopping – no food prep. And… it didn’t take all night, OK so i cooked each course as we needed it but we were done by 10pm (ish).
A piece of advice – if you ever want some amusement, give a teacher friend of yours some highly sugary sweets and see what happens, she’ll be bouncing off the walls within 30 minutes – GUARANTEED!
Right – it’s off to bed for me as I’ve decided this post isn’t nearly as amusing as it should be!!