I want to start with ‘I’m really getting back into this blogging thing’ but I know as soon as I write that, I’ll not blog for weeks, months or years! But I am enjoying it again. Blogging is a fantastic distraction for me, when I get home from work, if I switch my laptop on the first place I will usually go is to my work e-mails and see what I’ve missed in the 45 minutes I’ve been on the tube (sad I know), but being back on the blog means that of course I keep checking the e-mails – I can’t help myself – but I get on with attempting to write enjoyable prose for anyone who should so wish to read the waffle that I type from time to time.
As you can probably tell – I spent all my dosh on posh meals out so am now doing a lot more cooking at home. I shouldn’t really class this as a recipe as it’s seriously easy but in case anyone saw my Instagram pic last weekend and wondered how to make it.
1 medium sized shallot
A large handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
1 red chilli
1 tub of white crab meat (I used a tub from Sainsbury’s – £3 but worth it)
Linguine for 2 people (the pic is spaghetti, but linguine works best)
- Put the pasta into salted boiling water and leave to cook for about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking finely chop the shallot, chilli and parsley. I left the seeds in the chilli, it wasn’t a small one so didn’t blast any heads off.
- Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan and chuck in the onions to soften on a medium heat.
- Add the chilli and crab meat and turn the heat down a bit. The crab is already cooked you just want to heat it through.
- Drain the pasta once it’s cooked and tip it back into the saucepan.
- Add the crab, shallot and chilli mixture and parsley to the pasta, stir through so the crab meat is evenly distributed and serve with a good slug of really good olive oil.