Summer is here! Well at least for now… And I’ve got the beginnings of real tomatoes growing in m garden – I mean REAL tomatoes, not just the plants that probably won’t grown anything by tomatoes!! I shall now calm down and provide you with the simplest easiest accompaniment to almost anything, as long as it’s been char-grilled.
This will serve 2.
1 x courgette
8 cherry tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
3 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
The teeniest sprinkle of sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Chop the courgette into small chunks
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes
- Very finely chop the garlic
- Pop it all into a cake tin, they don’t need to be spread out, if they are quite close all the better for the juices
- Pour over the olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes, giving it a shake after 10 minutes
- Sprinkle the sugar
I know it’s really simple, and hardly deserves a recipe, but it tasted so much better than I thought it would so I had quickly write about it.
This will be so good with a BBQ! Bring on the long lazy weekends!!