Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge fan of oven chips, they are a perfect go-to when I’ve forgotten to buy potatoes or well whenever I can’t be bothered to do anything else. But there is something so yummy about homemade chips. And, they are SO economical – more than enough chips for 2 people only used up 3 large potatoes and one small (because I’m greedy).
3 large potatoes
3 tables spoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves
A very good grind of salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into ‘chip sized’ battens – smaller than ‘chunky chips’ but bigger than ‘french fries’
- Line a large roasting tin with foil and pour on the olive oil onto the foil and grind the salt and pepper all over it as well
- Tip the chips onto the foil and using a silicone spatula or your hands rub the chips into the oil, salt and pepper
- Bash the two garlic cloves and pop them into the roasting tin, don’t chop them, they are just there for aromatics really
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes, giving the tin a bit of a shake every 10 minutes
A very simple recipe, the next addition to my BASICS recipe section.
I served these with steak – of course.