It’s so so cold outside. It’s March, it’s supposed to be warming up, but no – it’s cooling down. I’m half expecting to be snowed in at some point next week. So we decided to warm things up a bit down here in SW18 with a bit of chilli.
I can’t take any credit for this – the boyfriend made it (almost) all by himself. I was instructed to move this and that but otherwise this isn’t something I did not do.
Makes enough for one cereal bowl’s worth
2 Ripe Avocados
½ Red Onion
A handful of fresh coriander
6 plum tomatoes
Juice of 1 lime
- Finely chop the onion, coriander and chilli
- Pop them into a mortar and add the lime juice
- Bash it all up into a pulp using a pestle
- Chop the tomatoes into small chunks and add them to the mortar
- Bash those up too
- Halve the avocados, de-stone them and in a large bowl mush them up with a fork
- Add the onion chilli etc
- Mix it all up and serve with crisps (obviously)