Well almost guilt free…
I’m in the middle of moving house at the moment and work has suddenly got busy so blogging has had to take a back seat which has really annoyed me as I was getting into such a good routine of blogging at least 3 times a week!
So last night the guilt got the better of me and I cooked a speedy supper to cheer us up after we’d lugged yet another car load of my shoes and clothes from one house to another.
2 chicken breast (skinless)
1 large courgette
1 tin/carton tinned tomatoes
1 glass of red wine (obviously)
1 large or 2 small garlic cloves
5 or 6 fresh basil leaves
5 or 6 chestnut mushrooms
1 chicken stock
1 tsb castor sugar
salt & pepper
Teeny sprinkle of paprika
6 slithers of cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic and gently fry them off in some olive oil until the onion is transparent. Try and do this in a saucepan as it’ll be easier once you’ve done the next step
- Pour over the tinned tomatoes, the wine and the sugar
- Boil this down for about 3 minutes
- Using a ‘souper’ I have no idea what they are called but they are blenders but hand-held not like the liquidisers…. make of that what you will… Blend the tomato mix until it resembles something like pizza topping
- Add the chopped chestnut mushrooms, the torn up basil leaves, the stock cube and the salt and pepper
- Remove from the heat
- Using a peeler, peel ribbons from the courgette. I got enough for both chicken breast from the one courgette (and more to have as an accompaniment but I forgot to cook them!)
- Lay them out on the chopping board and season with salt, pepper and the teeny sprinkle of paprika
- Pour half of the tomato mix into the oven dish
- Place the chicken on the edge of the courgettes and carefully roll, you will have to hold them quite tight as you lift them and place them in the oven dish on the tomato mix
- Pour the remaining mix over the chicken breasts and place in the oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes CAREFULLY place the cheese over the top of the breasts and leave in the oven for a further 5 minutes
- Serve on a bed of rice!
So easy and so quick…..
Aaaaah, I feel better. I’ve blogged.
More coming I promise – I really do.