I love a gimmick. Especially when it’s a food related and not too expensive gimmick. I also love pasta – far too much for my own good. So when everyone started to do spiralizer courgettes as pasta I held out as long as I could. But eventually a ridiculously good looking photo on Pinterest pushed me over the edge, I clicked the link, read the blogger’s recipe and clicked the other link to her ‘weapon of choice’ for spiralizing and within 3 minutes had one in it’s way.
Who knows how long this spiralizing obsession will last… However I can be quite stubborn (so I’m told) and I will do my damnedest to get as much use out of it as possible! Like the pasta bit for my Kitchenaid that no-one thought I would use – big fan of homemade pasta now, or the dough hook for said machine, I’m rubbish at bread, but turns out homemade pizza is awesome. Oh and the sushi maker my brother gave us and thought we would never use – it probably gets used at least once a month.
Anyway, that was a bit of a yawny long intro. On to the recipe. This isn’t mine – it’s this girl’s ‘The Londoner.me’ except I haven’t used honey cos I don’t like honey.
The only thing I would say is that I know it’s sacrilege to use a good olive oil to roast tomatoes but you’re going to coat the courgettes in it so it’s good to have a bit of flavour in the oil.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
3 Medium courgettes
100g feta cheese
2 garlic cloves
A good glug or two of Olive oil
250g Punnet pommodoro tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, as good quality as you can afford)
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Finely chop some garlic and put it in a small bowl with the olive oil and lemon juice. Mix it around a bit and squish the garlic bits so the flavour is released into the oil
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put them in a roasting tin
- Pour the oil and garlic mix over the tomatoes and give them a bit of a jiggle to make sure they are all coated
- Roast for 15 minutes
- Once they are blistered and lovely and soft take them out to cool a little
- Using a spiralizer on the smaller of the two noodle blades spiralizer 3 courgettes
- Gently scoop the tomatoes out of the roasting tin leaving the oil and place them in a bowl for a moment
- Drop the courgette spirals into the oil and give them a jiggle as well so they are slightly warmed and coated in the hot garlicky oil
- Split between two pasta bowls and add the tomatoes on top
- Crumble the feta on top of that and season. You shouldn’t need much, if any salt as the feta is quite salty
- Consume in about 5 minutes flat and bask in your own carb and guilt free healthy glory
And here’s a picture of the leftover bits from the spiralizer… just because it amused me.